Welcome to the Blog on Clara and Wilson McGarvey!

Clara's amniotic sac ruptured on June 7, 2011 when we were 24 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Ten days later, Clara and Wilson were born. They have already enriched our lives in ways we couldn't have imagined, and we wanted to share those experiences with our friends and family. So sit back and enjoy the read - they are full of excitment and surprises!


Monday, November 19, 2012

Backing Up

In case you were not following the blog last year at this time, thought I would take a step back to explain what is going on here.

I am CT. CD, Morgan and I went to college together. CD and I were Morgan's boss in college. Then they started dating. And she moved to Louisville. Then they got engaged and married. Then I moved to Louisville. Then I lived with them for a few months. Then I moved to Chicago. Then Clara and Wilson arrived. A little early. I came here last year at Thanksgiving time to meet the kids and hopefully help (all of my previous posts can be found here). And now I'm back.

And that's what's going on.

I just poured another glass of wine so I think I'll try a second post tonight. Here are some other things that have happened since I landed late last night.

Today we went to Huber's (kind of like Eckert's in St. Louis) and the family farm is now closed on weekdays. Instead of seeing a whole farm of animals, we saw some ducks and said QUACK more times than I ever have in my whole life combined, shopped in the farm market, got ice cream, and Clara screamed in the winery.

We walked the double BOB (that thing is a machine) to the grocery store today.

I saw the week's meal plan on the countertop and asked if that were the kid's meal plan or our meal plan. CD said "well, both [long pause] but you don't have to eat the snacks." I told her I was really looking forward to three bites of cheese + a kiwi on Wednesday morning.

Tonight we were upstairs about ready to start bath time and I neglected to close the door that goes down the stairs. CD says to me [nicely but urgently]: make sure he doesn't go down the stairs! I'm thinking OH SHIT. Then I realize I have a glass of red wine in my left hand. So I'm trying to save the wine, save the carpet, and save the child in a matter of seconds. And I did it! Small victory.

There has been more laughter tonight than I can possibly describe or recreate.

Photo time...



Evidence that having kids changes things. This used to be the TV room. Then it was the office. 
Now it is the playroom. 


Hi beautiful girl.


Now I'm really going to bed,
CT

No comments:

Post a Comment