Welcome to the Blog on Clara and Wilson McGarvey!

Clara's amniotic sac ruptured on June 7, 2011 when we were 24 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Ten days later, Clara and Wilson were born. They have already enriched our lives in ways we couldn't have imagined, and we wanted to share those experiences with our friends and family. So sit back and enjoy the read - they are full of excitment and surprises!


Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Little Things

If you see Clara & Wilson in person, you probably know these things already. But for those of us that don't see them regularly, these are the little things that [I think] make them, them.

Here goes...ladies first.

Clara loves:

  • MUSIC. There is an iPod dock in the kitchen. If you are in the kitchen and the music is not on, she makes sure you know to turn it on. Yesterday when I turned to turn it on, she screamed "yay!" Her favorite song is Superstition by Stevie Wonder. When she dances, she raises her right hand in a kind of fist pump notion. It.is.hysterical.
  • HATS. She repeats "ha" a bazillion times a day and wants to wear a hat pretty much all the time. Any hat will do, she just wants one on her head.
  • THE PHONE. She puts her hand up to her ear and pretends to talk on the phone, whether you are or not. 
  • GIRLY STUFF. Pink, Auntie CT's necklace, other jewelry, anything that is girly.





Wilson loves: 
  • CHARMING YOU. He will smile really big, say hi from the back of his throat, and charm you like there's no tomorrow.
  • USING HIS HANDS. Specifically to ask for more food when he wants it (or push away food when he doesn't want it). He also puts up the "I don't know" hands. The other day they were in their eating seats and Clara was causing some ruckus. I asked Wilson what she wanted, and as if on cue, he put up his "I don't know" hands. Of course I started cracking up. 
  • MOVING FAST. Seriously the boy is so fast. He walks like he's in a race, he goes from one toy to the next, or from eating something to putting his hand into something else.
  • SHOWING YOU HOW SMART HE IS. The other day we were in the playroom and I was lying down. He pushed my head up, then my arm up because he wanted me to sit up. Then he took my hand and made me start clapping. When I was done clapping he wanted me to play the drum, so he made me do that. All of this, of course, is done with that charming smile on his face.

And those are The Little Things about Clara & Wilson.

With love,
CT


No comments:

Post a Comment