Welcome to the Blog on Clara and Wilson McGarvey!

Clara's amniotic sac ruptured on June 7, 2011 when we were 24 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Ten days later, Clara and Wilson were born. They have already enriched our lives in ways we couldn't have imagined, and we wanted to share those experiences with our friends and family. So sit back and enjoy the read - they are full of excitment and surprises!


Sunday, November 20, 2011

32 Hours In...

and they leave me alone with two babies. Oh my goodness! I think CD & Morgan trust me more than I trust myself :)

Hello blog readers! I am honored to be a guest blogger the next few days. I am even more honored that CD & Morgan would let me come stay and help for (almost) a week.

As Morgan said below, the three of us went to college together. We certainly have great memories of our time at Mizzou but let's be honest, those times are a bit hazy. Fast-forward to '05 and '06, I was thrilled to be a part of Morgan and Chris' mountaintop proposal and Louisville wedding. Two years later, I moved to Louisville and actually lived in their guest bedroom for a couple of months. It was basically like the movie You, Me and Dupree!

As you can tell, we've had our share of laughs the past 10? 11? 12? years. I now live in Chicago but (of course) look forward to CD's girls weekend trips to Chi or to my return trips to Lville. Actually, CD missed our 2011 girls weekend because her water broke on Tuesday before she was to come on Friday. She casually sent a text that said "not going to make it this weekend, water broke, in hospital". To ensure she was included all weekend, our other girls weekend chronie, Deb, video'd everywhere we went. Videos were loaded to YouTube and sent to CD while on bedrest.

Anyway...my single-girl life in Chicago is QUITE different from life in the Twin City. Morgan thinks I am going to be so freaked out that I will leave two days earlier than currently planned :)

My goal is to blog several times during my visit and I promise the subsequent posts will be about the babies instead of the adults. I hope to give you insight into the Twin City that you haven't seen yet, especially how these humble parents handle the challenges with two.

Speaking of the babies (since that is why y'all are here), below are my favorite pictures of each of them so far.

Enjoy...I'll be back with more soon!
CT (or Auntie CT to the wee ones)

Does it get any sweeter than Clara Marie? This was her expression about two minutes after I arrived Friday

Well hello Mister Wilson! I could look into your beautiful eyes all day!

1 comment: