Welcome to the Blog on Clara and Wilson McGarvey!

Clara's amniotic sac ruptured on June 7, 2011 when we were 24 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Ten days later, Clara and Wilson were born. They have already enriched our lives in ways we couldn't have imagined, and we wanted to share those experiences with our friends and family. So sit back and enjoy the read - they are full of excitment and surprises!


Friday, November 25, 2011

Twin City Key Learnings

In my work life, we develop recaps at the end of each big program. We always include a slide titled "Key Learnings". I thought it was only appropriate for me to provide my Key Learnings from the Twin City. So here goes, in no particular order.


1. I hope I never have twins.
2. Clara and Wilson will be raised in a home full of love and laughter. I hope they like to laugh because there is a lot of it in that house.
3. I hope the kids appreciate Morgan's love for music and CD's love for cooking.
4. I'm glad CD and Morgan are the same people they were before the kids came along. Besides the fact that they now have two kids.
5. Today, on my first morning not waking up in the Twin City, I slept past noon EST. It has been YEARS since I've slept that late.
6. I don't know why the kids each decided to have a major explosion in my lap on Wednesday. Maybe it was their way of saying "don't go." Next time I will tell them the way to my heart is not through poo in my lap.
7. I think the twins' nanny must have a heart of gold and the patience of a saint to take on this gig.
8. When caring for the kids, sometimes you need a glass of wine. Sometimes you need a bottle.
9. Sometimes you need a pint of ice cream.
10. If I were in the field of baby inventions, I would make something that made newborns poo more easily. Or I would get that stork to deliver clean bottles every day.
11. I loved my time in the Twin City. Especially when they would sleep for hours at a time and look so angelic.
12. I appreciated the times I escaped from the Twin City. Whether to my friend Elizabeth's house for a cup of tea (literally), running to Kroger for CD, or going out for dinner and drinks with my former co-workers, I enjoyed getting out of the house. I also looked forward to coming back.
13. When I had the opportunity to take a shower, I would shut the bathroom door, crank Adele on my iPhone, and enjoy this "mini break".
14. I would be remiss if I didn't thank my employer, Integer, and our Be You With Us program. BYWU allows employees an additional week off during their 5, 10 and 15-year anniversaries with the company. As soon as I found out that CD was having twins, I knew I wanted to use my week to come to Louisville and help her. 
15. CD's time to run errands, pay bills, do laundry or pick up the house is limited. She crams as much into her day as possible. Morgan does, too.
16. I think CD sleeps about 4.5 hours per 24 hour period. Morgan doesn't sleep much more than that. I don't know how they function day after day.
17. Wilson is heavy. He is going to get heavier. Clara, too. (Especially since she would often eat more than him the past few days.) Who needs the gym when you have these two? 
18. I think I would like to go back to the Twin City. Once I recover from this trip.
19. I can't wait until the kids come to Chicago. 
20. I really can't wait to watch these kids grow up. They are true miracles. I know I'm not the only one that has been inspired by their journey.

And with that, I'm out. Thank y'all for reading, and thanks to CD and Morgan for letting me be a guest blogger. 

Until the next trip,
CT




3 comments:

  1. The guest blog was amazing! Witty, insightful, n entertaining. I went to law school w Morgan n got to know Chris well over the yrs as well. I literally laughed out loud reading ur posts n sometimes got teary eyed rememberin the times we had in school, so 4 that, thank u! I look forward to meeting these 2 miracles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for reading and enjoying it! :) ct

    ReplyDelete
  3. these posts are fantastic! I love your point of view! :)

    Chris - you are an amazing mom! Your babes are precious! Smiles and blessings to you all!

    ReplyDelete