Welcome to the Blog on Clara and Wilson McGarvey!

Clara's amniotic sac ruptured on June 7, 2011 when we were 24 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Ten days later, Clara and Wilson were born. They have already enriched our lives in ways we couldn't have imagined, and we wanted to share those experiences with our friends and family. So sit back and enjoy the read - they are full of excitment and surprises!


Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Q&A with Chris





CT: Thanks for participating in this blog entry.
CD: No problem.

CT: You have kids. Twins.
CD: Thank you, Captain Obvious.

CT: How do you feel about this?
CD: Overwhelmed.

CT: Tomorrow will be two months since Clara came home. That means you have made it through two months with two kids. Congrats.
CD: Thank you.

CT: Most popular question ever - how do you do it all?
CD: I have no choice.

CT: On Sunday you asked me what the biggest surprise was since I was here. Now I ask you - what has been the biggest surprise in having the kids home?
CD: I have two answers.
1) How long it takes to get anywhere. We are ALWAYS 30 minutes late.
2) How much poo a little creature can create.

CT: What is your favorite part of the day with them?
CD: When they are sleeping. Just kidding. Real answer: playtime when they smile at me.

CT: Since the twins came home, what has been your biggest luxury?
CD: The drive-thru at Starbucks.

CT: How often do you shower?
CD: On a good week, three times. 

CT: You look awesome and you are back to pre-baby weight. How have you gotten there? 
CD: Starvation. I don't have time to eat.

CT: What do you miss - if anything - about your pre-baby life?
CD: I miss everything about pre-baby life.

CT: When are you going back to work?
CD: Back to work? I AM working! This is the most continuous job I've ever had. I work 168 hours a week and don't get paid overtime.

CT: Good point. When are you going back to work at Yum!?
CD: January.

CT: How are you going to be able to manage it all after you throw Yum! work into the mix?
CD: I don't know.

CT: Tell me about how Morgan handles all of this.
CD: I think Morgan handles it better than I do. He is very patient and helpful. He is a natural.

CT: What are you most looking forward to doing with the twins as they get older?
CD: I'm really excited to leave the house with them in April. Even if that is just to a friend's house who also has kids.

CT: I hope you can come to a 2012 girls weekend in Chi.
CD: Me too. This year I didn't have such good luck.

CT: Thank you for letting me stay with you for a week.
CD: No comment.

CT: Will you promise to FaceTime once a week after I leave? 
CD: Yes. Absolutely. Can it be on my terms? Like during the 4 a.m. feeding?
CT: Uh...

2 comments:

  1. Ummm, I love this interview. How could Lockner, Nate-dog and I ever imagined that picking you two would result in such an amazing friendship. Love you two and really hope I get to meet those two babies before they are at Mizzou.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie we love you too and think the only thing funnier than what we have experienced this week would be if you were here. After all, this is ALL your fault!!!

    ReplyDelete