Welcome to the Blog on Clara and Wilson McGarvey!

Clara's amniotic sac ruptured on June 7, 2011 when we were 24 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Ten days later, Clara and Wilson were born. They have already enriched our lives in ways we couldn't have imagined, and we wanted to share those experiences with our friends and family. So sit back and enjoy the read - they are full of excitment and surprises!


Sunday, November 20, 2011

Solo

Last night CD & Morgan had an engagement party to attend. CD decided I could handle being solo with the twins. I'm not sure Morgan thought this was a good idea but he went along with it. [I was thinking "They must need out of the house BADLY if they are leaving me alone on day 2!"]

Here's how the night went.

8:45 - CD & Morgan left

8:45 to 9:40 - It was a rotation. In college, the "rotation" involved vodka. Last night, the "rotation" included Clara crying, me picking her up and soothing her, her calming down. Then Wilson would cry, I would put Clara down, pick him up, soothe him, he would calm down. Then Clara would cry and I would start the rotation all over again. Fun, right? :)

9:45 - Massive wailing from both kids. OMG. What do I do now?!? I do this...


Somehow I was able to get both of them in my arms at the same time. They instantly calmed down. Hallelujah!

10:05 - I felt like Clara was zonked enough so I managed to get her in the swing. Wilson was stirring so he stayed in my lap and we watched the end of the Texas/K State game.

11:15 - Auntie CT was tired, Wilson was not. We had snuggle time on the couch. Clara still zonked in swing.

11:40 - Wilson hungry. Very hungry. [Me thinking "just a little bit longer, little guy"]

11:50 - Changed Wilson in preparation for his midnight meal.

12:05 - CD & Morgan got home. I put Wilson in one of their arms, said "he is STARVING" and ran to the bathroom.


Whew! We all survived! But really...it was much scarier to think about what could happen instead of dealing with what did happen. And I think Mom and Dad really enjoyed their night with friends. CD looked AWESOME and Morgan...well, I think he had fun, too. When are you guys going out again?   :)

More soon,
CT

No comments:

Post a Comment